Monday, March 1, 2010

Breathing

If you are content, do not pray "all of me"
for when the question come three times enquiring of you,
by some chance will you recognize the voice who calls
for it is not mere chance at all if you believe
in whom speaks your name
tenderly imploring, "feed my sheep".
And would you deny his portion in your life,
a partner in his cross to bear
again content, standing in your same spot.
Thrice he asks, three times the answer in refrain.
The answer not difficult, easy like breathing.
"you know all things, you know".
You know my discontent,
my anger, my calm.
Hidden thoughts (are they really?)
Open wounds.
"You know"
Choosing and being chosen, two different things
or one and the same.
"Do you love me?"
"more than these".

"Only after all the noise has spent itself do we begin to hear in the silence of our heart, the still,
small, mighty voice of God." -Tozer