Monday, January 11, 2010

Sharing recipes.

Ok mom, here it is.
I had to figure out things a bit with the older camera we have as Neil has the other at work to document some work.
I found the cord I needed to download the pic.
Sorry I cannot capture the smell because it does smell wonderful that aroma of freshly baked bread along with the herbs.  I am actually quite pleased with how well it turned out.


Here is the recipe.
1 Tbsp dry yeast
1 tsp white sugar
1-1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp dry milk powder
1-1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed rosemary
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
extra dry herbs for dusting.
*********************
Take a medium or large bowl.  Combine the yeast, sugar & water together, stirring with a whisk.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Next add in this order: olive oil, dry milk, salt, and seasonings. Whisk together.
Continue using the whisk and add the 1/2 cup ww flour along with  1/2 cup all purpose flour.
Change over to mixing spoon and add remaining white flour.
Spoon into greased 9x13 pan. Smooth out evenly and don't worry if you cannot get right into the corner, the rising will take care of that.  Dust with an Italian mix of herbs or combination of other.
Let rise for 20 minutes.
Bake in a 400 oven for 20-25 minutes.

There you have it, simple. All done in approximately 1 hour, ready (and warm) to slice up for dinner.
Just a note.
I would probably use a 9x9 pan should I want a little higher bread to use for sandwiches.
Nice flavor.  Simple taste to go well with a soup.  Not too heavy.

I want to add that in the past when I have served this up, I usually have a dish of balsamic vinegar & olive oil  combination sitting alongside of the bread for dipping.
I will do this when serving this bread up with a pasta dish.  Just pour 1/2 cup oil to 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar together in a shallow dish.  Really does work nicely together.
Bon Appetit!
Bon Appetiti!

1 comment:

shanna said...

Thanks again for coming up with this! I have this and one other to choose from tonight, but I'll definitely make both in the next couple weeks. Can't wait to try it!