Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Designer pots.

I am sure that I have posted this picture previously & intentionally for some other story.
This time, when going through my files I saw this photo in a whole other light. 
As I looked at the picture my focus was on the ceramic, clay pots and a portion of scripture came to mind, the one about being shaped and molded into a vessel that God could use.



But, the longer I looked at the photo, I suddenly became aware of the "other" various pots on the same shelf.

Where am I going with this?

Again, scripture comes into my mind.
Well, I have begun to read through Exodus and, I am in the early stages right at the part where Moses comes in contact with the living God.
And, I will wager a guess that when you have an ordained meeting with the living God, then he has something worth listening to, something perhaps to be learned, obeyed.

"GO!"
But, "who am I".

I have always had a preoccupation with the idea of "being used of God".
Should this not be the burning desire of every believer?
Perhaps my desires are lofty, most certainly self-serving to a degree.  And if I confess openly, oops, just did that...my own thoughts lead me to believe that I am a pretty good specimen for God to use.
Vanity, vanity...I wish I didn't think this way but it creeps up every now and then.  Believe me when I say that I recognise where it comes from.
Another scripture comes to my mind in fact, I even have a bookmark placed there in my Bible, from who knows when.
"Shall the formed say to him who formed it, 'Why did you make me like this'?
"Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?"

These pots, sitting on the shelf, some plastic, some clay, each individual pot of various size, shape and colour, all have a purpose, but this is only known to the gardner, the creator of the garden.
Some will carry seedlings, maybe vegetable, perhaps floral.
Maybe, one of those containers will only be used to catch the raindrops from a leak somewhere in the house.
Only?
My focus should be and always be on him, not me.
How like us to make everything about us, even when we ponder our weaknesses.
Who am I to question what, where or when God will use me?
There I go again.
New year, new focus.

No comments: