Thursday, November 26, 2009

Graceful Living

I have found myself doing some more thinking about grace or more to the point our attitudes about it.
What I desired to express yesterday was this, as soon as someone start to make a point, a list about how you are to live then you start to feel that old rebellion stirring up within yourself.
"Let your attitude be like Christ"
Who...
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness."

We are to essentially imitate Christ's humility.
And who better to know our hearts, our minds?
My friend was well intentioned. I was merely stating that a good many folks like to give validity to grace, the same grace offered freely to all.
One would think that I had considered what the very nature of grace was before determining it was something I wanted to receive.
It is about receiving though, isn't it?
It is not something I can attain through any portion of action on my behalf and that is where I make my point.
No, grace is not the ticket to misuse the "freedom in Christ" that cost him dearly.
It might feel like the proverbial, "one step forward, two steps backward" sometimes.
I think that this is part of "working out my salvation" and that is something between me and the Almighty, Holy, Father God.
Graceful living is something I desire because I understand whom has offered it, or at least I am learning to understand it.
Graceful living does not mean living in a perfect house in fact, I think my home has one or two dust bunnies that need a good sweep out.

No comments: