Tuesday, September 15, 2009

"The simplicity that is in Christ."

-2 Corinthians 11:3
My NIV Bible puts this verse another way.
"your sincere and pure devotion to Christ"
But simplicity is what I am looking for these days and if that means a "sincere & pure devotion", then that is what I want.
In the meantime, sometimes that simplicity I want tends to get lost among other things.
The rest of the devotion goes like this.
"You cannot think through spiritual confusion to make things clear; to make things clear,you must obey.
Even the very smallest thing that we allow in our lives that is not under the control of the Holy Spirit is completely sufficient to account for spiritual confusion." Oswald Chambers

Spiritual confusion?
That does not fall under the umbrella of simplicity.
Yet, that is what I am confronted with when I take a step sideways out of bounds, away from being obedient. Confusion.
I liken this confusion to a hundred different voices inside my head, each having their own agenda.
The one place to go to for that simplicity, that sincerity, purity is the Word of God. The one voice that sends the others away. The voice that reckons with the others and makes the way clear but, that comes when I am obedient.
"Your entire life should be characterized by an eagerness to maintain unbroken fellowship and oneness with God"
His is the one voice that makes sense above the others.
I confess that I do not read my Bible enough and that makes me think that I am the one adding to the confusion. It is my lack of obedience to the one thing, to the One who clears up all the confusion.
Simply put.

No comments: