Friday, May 1, 2009

a little bread & salami

Picnic lunches are great!
I met up with a friend today and after a visit to the playground we went to Urban Fare to pick up stuff for lunch.
And by stuff, I mean the the makings of a picnic lunch.
It doesn't take much for a picnic but the choices can be overwhelming...sometimes.
This is where the foodie in me kicks in.
Which type of bread to choose followed by which cheese or how many different varieties of cheese more likely.
Pickles, olives, tapenades, roasted red pepper relish and maybe some smoked oysters. Ah, the list goes on.
I was enjoying myself so much, I have decided to have another picnic, only this time for dinner tomorrow evening while watching the hockey game.
It doesn't always have to be a barbeque.
Bring on the pate.

No comments: