Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Today's reading, thank-you Oswald

"The burden that God places on us squeezes the grapes in our lives and produces the wine, but most of us see only the wine and not the burden.
If your life is producing only a whine, instead of the wine, then ruthlessly kick it out."-Oswald Chambers

Here's another to compliment the first.
"Your prejudices can easily distort your perceptions."
"If you have a prejudice against a certain individual it can easily distort who he is and what he does."-Ravi Zacharias

If you are honest then you can understand that after reading this or even during this reading, a "certain individual" came into your mind.
I am being honest in saying that I had more than one, make that a few people crowd into my mind as I read this over and over again.

The first quote reprimands me about the "whine" in my life.
The next quote defines for me just what my whining is all about. As if I needed any help in recognizing just what or who I have been whining about.
In thinking about this whole business... I would like to take Oswald's advise and "ruthlessly" get rid of the whine and get on with the better stuff.
Anyone else feel the same?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama Cookie says....

Oswald Chambers ~ good teacher. I like the quotation.

Let all of us get onto the better stuff... :)